WHY CHOOSE CENTURY 21 THE MOORE GROUP FOR YOUR REAL ESTATE NEEDS?
Today’s real estate market is complex. CENTURY 21 The Moore Group Sales Associates are very experienced in helping you avoid making mistakes and missteps and guiding you to a successful closing. Our Associates are long-term Orangeburg area residents with a deep knowledge of the area. They combine their knowledge of real estate and our market with cutting edge technology, and it’s a combination that can’t be beat.
By using CENTURY 21 The Moore Group’s professional marketing capabilities we design our customized marketing system to fit your needs and your time frame. This system includes the marketing services you would expect from a real estate broker, but we do not stop there. We make full use of the resources of Century 21 Real Estate LLC, the largest residential real estate sales organization in the world. CENTURY 21® is the most recognized name in real estate.1
HOW DO I SET MY PRICE?
Frequently a seller will answer “I need X dollars from the sale,” or “I paid Y dollars for my home.” You must first realize that buyers do not care what the seller needs or what he paid. The current market determines the value of a property and what it will bring. This price could be more or less than what a seller expects.
Also ask your CENTURY 21 The Moore Group Sales Associate for an Absorption Rate Pricing study. That’s simply the number of weeks it would take to sell the current housing inventory at the present rate of sales. Savvy REALTORS® will track the absorption rate over time to be able to track market trends.
“But can’t I get more money?”
Probably not. If you could, the buyer could not get adequate financing when he goes to the bank because the home won’t appraise for a higher price.
But even if you price your home correctly and you are familiar with this process there is more to know… don’t forget legal issues!
When a buyer desires to purchase your home you must negotiate a legal and binding contract with earnest money and the correct disclosures that are required by law. Without the proper documents you could be subject to a lawsuit. Also, in negotiating your contract, you need to know what you should say and maybe more important, what you should not say.
Our professionals at CENTURY 21 the Moore Group are trained to help keep you out of trouble and to deal with these stressful issues for you.
WILL MY HOME SELL?
Yes, your home will sell. How you choose to price your home is one of the major factors in answering how long it might take to sell it. A seller can only control three things: asking price, condition and accessiblity, with the market determining the actual sales price.
Here is a report for 2014 from the Southern Midlands MLS (Orangeburg area) which breaks down residential home sales by price range, number of bedrooms, days on the market (“DOM”) and also gives some other useful statistics. Today’s housing market can be very volatile, with the availability of financing, government regulations and foreclosures all interacting and impacting the sales process.
Some homes sell in the first week of marketing efforts; other homes take much longer to sell. Obviously, correct pricing is extremely important to buyers (and the more buyers, the better), but the market also shows us that other factors affect the sale of your home. To get top dollar in the shortest time, you must use not only correct pricing but also many other tools. From the first marketing efforts to the completion of a successful sale, each step is important to get the greatest exposure for your home.
HOW CAN I HELP SELL MY HOME?
As REALTORS®, we appreciate that question because it points to the realization that selling your home is a team effort. Of course pricing your home correctly is extremely important and so is marketing. But let us share some tricks and tips for you:
1. Non-pet owners are very sensitive to pet odors that most times we pet owners don’t even realize exist. All odors must be eliminated. Also, heating a pan on the stove then dropping in a few drops of vanilla can give the home a cleansing aroma.
2. Pack up “stuff” to make closets, cabinets and your home look larger and less congested. You are planning to move so why not begin to box up?
3. Occasionally, you will receive a call to schedule a showing to take place within the next few minutes. The following is a checklist for this type of panic:
- SOUND: Turn off the television and tune the radio (low volume) to a soft rock, middle of the road or classic rock station.
- SIGHT: Turn on every light in the house (day or night) and open every drape and blind (daytime only).
- ODORS: Heat some frozen pastry slowly in the oven or heat a pan on the stove and then drop in a few drops of vanilla.
- KITCHEN: Wipe kitchen counters. Place dirty dishes in the dishwasher.
- BATHROOMS: Wipe counters. Flush toilets and close their lids.
- LIVING ROOM: Hide magazines and newspapers; remove clutter.
- FAMILY ROOM: Hide magazines, games and newspapers; remove clutter.
- BEDROOMS: Straighten beds. Hide clutter under bed (not in closet).
- EXTERIOR: Put away toys and clutter. Keep walks clear.
- CHILDREN AND PETS: They are distractions. If you and they must be onsite, go outside with them and preferably put your pets in a pen.
- GOODBYE: Sorry, but this is the single most important thing you can do in a showing to help sell your home! Even if the showing agent insists that it is OK to stay, you must leave. Buyers must get emotionally committed to your home to buy it and they can not become emotional about “their new home” if you, the current owners, are “hanging around”. Please, at the very least, go into the back yard. Even better, go to the store.
4. Make the buyer feel at ease in purchasing your home by offering a home warranty like the CENTURY 21® home warranty.
5. Compare your home’s competition in the market to ascertain that you have a competitive advantage.
Our trained professionals at CENTURY 21 The Moore Group can help you “stage” your home for selling by suggesting what to clean up, fix up, paint, change or pack.
WHAT WE DO FOR YOU
- Highly-recognizable black and gold yard sign
- 2 Multiple Listing Services
- Comparative Market Analysis
- Produce individually designed color flyers showcasing your home
- Advertise your home on our website.
- Advertise your home on www.Realtor.com, the official website of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, with over 3 million homes listed. We pay extra to “showcase” our listings on Realtor.com, with extra photos, colors and graphics that make your listing stand out from all the rest.
- Advertise your home on www.century21.com. CENTURY 21® has become the first national real estate brand to implement an expanded search capability on its national website that enables one-click access to all IDX listings. Your listing is readily available to millions of people nationwide. CENTURY 21 also syndicates your listing out and lists it on Google, MSN, Yahoo, Homefinder, AOL, Trulia, Zillow, Frontdoor, Cyberhomes, Openhouse, WSJ, Weichert, Homes.com, Remax.com, ColdwellBanker.com, ERA.com, Prudential.com and KW.com. What fantastic exposure for your listing!
- CENTURY 21 LeadRouterSM System – enables us to respond quickly, often within minutes, to internet leads from potential buyers about your listing. This system delivered 1.56 million online leads to Realogy franchisees during the first six months of 2013, a 27% increase over the same time period for 2012.
- CENTURY 21 Global Referral NetworkSM
- CENTURY 21 SELLER SERVICE PLEDGE®
- CENTURY 21® Quality Service Survey. Once a real estate transaction is completed, we invite our clients to complete a Quality Service Survey and return it to an independent 3rd party research group. Our goal is to provide the highest quality of service possible, and we want your feedback.
Together we can make the sale of your home less stressful and more successful! Contact us today!
1Source: 2013 Ad Tracking Study. The survey results are based on 1,200 online interviews with a national random sample of adults (ages 18+) who are equal decision makers in real estate transactions and who have bought or sold a home within the past two years or, plan to purchase or sell a home within the next two years. Survey was based on a sample of 1,200 respondents. Results are significant at a 90% confidence level, with a margin of error of +/-2.4%. The study was conducted in two waves by Millward Brown, a leading global market research organization during the following time periods: Wave 1 (February 4 – February 18, 2013) and Wave 2 (September 30- October 14, 2013).
©2020 The Moore Group Realty LLC dba CENTURY 21 The Moore Group. All rights reserved. CENTURY 21® and the CENTURY 21 Logo are registered service marks owned by Century 21 Real Estate LLC. The Moore Group Realty LLC fully supports the principles of the Fair Housing Act and the Equal Opportunity Act. Each franchise is independently owned and operated. Any services or products provided by independently owned and operated franchisees are not provided by, affiliated with or related to Century 21 Real Estate LLC nor any of its affiliated companies.